[TYPO3-ect] taxonomies / categories in TYPO3

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Oct 10 11:49:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

> Also, I wonder what our chances are of developers from the tt_news,
> tt_products and commerce projects getting involved. I've cross posted to
> these newsgroups regarding global categorization previously with no reply.

Don't forget DAM!

> I have noticed tt_products have been moving towards an MVC model, possibly
> with a view to lib/div dependency. tt_news and commerce on the other hand,
> conform strictly to the old TYPO3 way. Has there been any talk of tt_news or
> commerce changing when lib/div is more stable? And would a change to global
> categories still be possible if they don't completely change to the lib/div
> model?

As much as I know, commerce will also switch to MVC, but not for 1.0.
I'm currently quite active in the commerce NG, but seem to miss your
post there.

I think that in commerce categories need some special features which
might not be fulfilled by a global category tree. I also see the
categories in commerce not like categories itself, but more as product
groups - so a global category tree might better suite for 'tagging'
product groups or products itself. But that would sound nice.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch