[TYPO3-ect] lib/div: Problems with using controller as sub-controller

Michael Knoll mimi at kaktusteam.de
Tue Oct 9 13:27:24 CEST 2007

Hallo list,

I have the following problem: I have one controller for a search form
and another one for a result list. If the result list is displayed, I
want the search form to be displayed above it. So what I did was the
following:

In the result-list controller:

public function showSearchListAction() {
	$userSearchController =
	$this->makeInstance('tx_mklvcommunity_controllers_userSearch');
	$userSearchController->setSearchWord($searchWord);
	$result .= $userSearchController->showUserSearchAction();
}

So this function (all in the search List controller) should instantiate
a search form controller and put it's result above the
search-list-controller result.

My search form controller action looks like this:

public function showUserSearchAction() {
     	$actionPipe =
	$this->makeInstance('tx_mklvcommunity_models_user');
     	$actionPipe =
	$this->makeInstance('tx_mklvcommunity_views_userSearch',
		$actionPipe);
     	if ($this->searchWord != '') {
     		$actionPipe->setSearchWord($this->searchWord);
     	}
     	$actionPipe->render('userSearchTemplate');
     	$actionPipe = $this->makeInstance('tx_lib_translatorProcessor',
		$actionPipe);
     	$actionPipe->translate();
     	return $actionPipe->get('result');
}

I get an error in the line with
$actionPipe->render('userSearchTemplate');

Seems like some contexts are not set correctly, if I instantiate the
controller like that.

What am I doing wrong? I'd be glad, if you could help me out!

Greez

Mimi