[TYPO3-ect] taxonomies / categories in TYPO3

Mads Brunn mads at typoconsult.dk
Tue Oct 9 09:08:22 CEST 2007

Hi Jochen

> Daniel Brüßler suggested me to get in contact with Mads. Unfortunately,
> I was not able to join the T3CON07. So I only know the abstract of Mads'
> presentation. Mads: could you please send me some more information about
> your plans.

I think it's easier if I provide you with some screenshots of what this
extension does:

http://www.brunn.dk/fileadmin/tx_categories/screenshots/tx_categories_screenshot1.jpg
http://www.brunn.dk/fileadmin/tx_categories/screenshots/tx_categories_screenshot2.jpg
http://www.brunn.dk/fileadmin/tx_categories/screenshots/tx_categories_screenshot3.jpg
http://www.brunn.dk/fileadmin/tx_categories/screenshots/tx_categories_screenshot4.jpg

Basically the categories extension provides a central category table
that may be used for categorizing any table in TYPO3. You can navigate
the category tree the same way you do with the pages tree in the
Web->List module. Only difference is of course that the same records may
appear in multiple locations.

As mentioned somewhere else in this thread it's not yet publicly
available. Please mail me if you would like a beta-version.

> Elmar wrote:
>> If you want to make it successful and "official", please officially
>> take up the coordination for the category/taxonomy framework range of
>> ECT. Cooperate with Jochen Rau like Steffen suggested and be present
>> in this NG for questions about. It can become an important aspect of
>> TYPO3.
>
> So let's do it ;-)

I'm yours ;-)

I'm not quite sure how we should / could work together on this. I have
not yet have the time to look at your extension (I will within the next
week). Just mail me with any idea or suggestions.

Best regards

Mads Brunn