[TYPO3-ect] taxonomies / categories in TYPO3

Elmar Hinz elmar07 at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 3 20:57:17 CEST 2007

Mads Brunn wrote:

Hi Mads,

you find the available code where it belongs, in the common SVN repository
on sourceforge.

http://t3flyers.wordpress.com/2006/09/14/tep-common-category-framework-ccf/

I presented the concept to the R&D commity, but the interest from that side
was near to zero. I than developed the code in the range of a commercial
project up to the point of minimal requirements for that project.

http://enob.info/

The proof of concept is done, but lot of features and comfort are missing.
Other things became higher priority. Unfortunately there hasn't been a
second project so far to carry it forward and my time is to limited to do
it just for fun. I need to focus on lib/div. That's still binds enough of
my resources.

Meanwhile time has passed and the interest in a categories framework is
strongly growing. So if you like take parts of the idea and/or the code and
merge it with your stuff. It's based on the extension "trees" which is very
powerful. Kind of unknown pearl, because it misses easy configuration and
documentation.

If you want to make it successful and "official", please officially take up
the coordination for the category/taxonomy framework range of ECT.
Cooperate with Jochen Rau like Steffen suggested and be present in this NG
for questions about. It can become an important aspect of TYPO3.

Regards

Elmar