[TYPO3-ect] taxonomies / categories in TYPO3

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Oct 3 13:11:57 CEST 2007

Hi Mads,

"Mads Brunn" <mads at typoconsult.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1191397407.23676.typo3-team-extension-coordination at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi list
>
> On the T3CON'07 I did a talk about taxonomies where I presented an
> extension, (EXT:categories) which is integrating the concept of taxonomies
> into TYPO3 on a general level (using one table to categorize any table
> under the hood of TYPO3). The reactions from the audience was quite
> positive and some of the developers attending the talk suggested that I
> should contact the extension coordination team to make this extension part
> of the ECT project.
>
> I found this article
>
> http://t3flyers.wordpress.com/2006/09/14/tep-common-category-framework-ccf/
>
> ...which suggests that some work is already being done in this field.
>
> Questions:
>
> - Does anybody know what the status of the Common Category Framework
> extension is? Is it a part of the ECT project?
>
> - What should I do in order to make my own extension (EXT:categories) a
> part of the ECT project?
>

> Kind regards
>
> Mads Brunn

all ECT-Projects are documented in the Wiki:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/ECT#Most_Active_Projects

I've noticed a project on categories but it seems to be inactive.

What you can do is an entry in Wiki about your project, the possibility for
interested people to join in and to do discussions here on the list, this is
the active central point.

I think this issue is very interesting and also gives possibility of
interplay with other extensions, so i see this project in ECT as the right
place ;-)

vg  Steffen