[TYPO3-ect] Smarty: Which configuration to set?

Elmar Hinz elmar07 at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 5 10:09:49 CET 2007

Hello smarty fans,

I want to switch the smarty view of lib from rtp_smarty to smarty.

I run into an error message about a missing compile directory. By looking
into the source of smarty you find the solution. Set the compile directory
in the lib confiruation object to the key:

smarty.compile_dir =  /some/directory/

Questions:

1.) To which value would you recommend to set the directory to?

2.) Could we define a general pattern what directory an extension should
use?

3.) Are there other settings that are important for smarty?

4.) Maybe the smarty experienced users could suggest a smarty lib for the TS
setyp that can be copied and adjusted by extensions:

lib.tx_lib.smarty {
  compile_dir = ... ? ...
  ... ? ...
}