[TYPO3-core] RealURL 2.x announcement

Peter Niederlag peter.niederlag at typo3.org
Tue May 26 09:21:15 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 23.05.2015 20:11, Simon Schaufelberger (Schaufi) wrote:
> Thank you very much Dmitry!
>
> Does v2 support Extbase Parameters in a better way? I'm talking about
> the controller action pair that is always required and almost impossible
> to get rid of.
>
> Instead of this url:
> /my/page/Controller/action/speaking-title
>
> I would love to see this url:
>
> /my/page/key/speaking-title
>
> I tried so many different approaches in v1 but they all failed.

1. separate plugins per action/controller that you'd like to see handled
this way
2. extbase setting skipDefaultArguments (or similar)
3. (separate pages per action/controller instance where you want to hide
controller/action)
4. (adjust plugin namespace in extbase to share arguments beetween plugins)

-> no need to depend on realurl here.

The most really serious problem in realurl 1.X is imho with optional
parameters. A non existant optiomal parameter(during enecoding) will be
reconstructed as an empty parameter during decoding. This does trigger
cHash errors. Hopefully this is gone in 2.X

Greets,
Peter