[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 6.2 - TCA not loading fully

Artur Cichosz artur2000 at gmx.de
Tue May 5 13:43:21 CEST 2015

Hi,

over the past months we experienced a strange problem related with TCA in two different projects.
Both projects were TYPO3 6.2 based and in both we used "news" extension.

In the first project, at some point the TCA configuration of the "news" extension disappeared. Surprisingly only in one instance of the project.
The same fully identical (all files and database) instance on another server was OK.

Clearing all caches, including deleting typo3temp/Cache/*, did not help.
Deinstalling all other local extension did not help.
Deinstalling "news" and reinstalling again did not help.

The only help was deinstalling news using extension manager, deleting news using extension manager and reinstalling news from TER using extension manager. TCA was complete again.

Today we got the same problem with TYPO3 6.2.12, news 3.1.0 and static_info_tables 6.2.0.
First the TCA of static_info_tables disappeared, the fix was the same as above in case of news.
Then TCA of "news" disappeared as well and the fix worked here again.

The problems are gone but I would like to know why that happens.
You probably won't be able to reproduce the issue directly so I wil try to debug it on my own but before I do it I would like to ask you Core Guys to explain me a little what is the difference between the following cases:
1) simply deinstalling and reinstalling an extension using extension manager
2) deinstalling + deleting an extension using extension manager and reinstalling from TER using extension manager

Which data will be deleted additionally in case 2) which does not happen in case 1)

Additionally give me please some hints how TCA is processed (major classes involved etc.) and cached so I can debug it quicker.

Thx