[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 CMS Deployment with code and database

Jose Antonio Guerra balderiano at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 10:12:05 CET 2015

Hi!

simonschaufi at guugelmail.de>:

> Hi,
> the website is maintained on the dev server with TYPO3 content and file
> changes and then deployed to live where it is not touched again. The
> reason: typoscript needs to match to the content elements and i have a lot
> of them! The only thing that I need to maintain in live are the domain
> records, that's all.

I would say that if the main problem is indeed the downtime while all is
being updated and given you will overwrite the content on deploy the best
solution should be a blue-green deployment approach. Problem is that
probably there are no ready-made solutions for this out there, you might
need to code and/or adapt something that may work for you.

I can think of several ways to approach the problem but solutions depends
heavily on your current prod environment...