[TYPO3-core] [Poll[ Integrate Speaking URLs in to TYPO3 CMS7

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Mon Mar 16 11:23:54 CET 2015

Hey,

On 03/16/2015 11:01 AM, Peter Niederlag wrote:
>> 1) Integrate RealURL as additional system extension
>
> -1 from me. I don't see a big advantage of managing realurl as system
> extension over managing realurl as local extension. The core is striving
> so much for clean code and has made hugh improvements in that regard.
> Pulling in realurl to me seems like falling back to old times.

Namespaced fork of realurl:
https://github.com/helhum/realurl

Fork with BE modules moved to extbase:
https://github.com/7elix/realurl

So, main parts of modernizing work are done already and ready to merge.
Dmitry knew that and instead decided to implement a "apiwrapper" with
1.13.2 - the most ugly thing I've seen for a long time. So there is
little chance a clean realurl will find its way to TER. Do you want to
live with that for CMS 7 products in production later?

Regards
Christian