[TYPO3-core] [Poll[ Integrate Speaking URLs in to TYPO3 CMS7

Ingo Pfennigstorf i.pfennigstorf at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 18:51:55 CET 2015

Hey,

a big +1 for the integration of a routing component into the core.

-1 for integrating RealURL into the core ...

I would love to see a nicely configurable routing solution, such as symfony routing. The configuration of RealURL is yes, well known, but configuring a routing in a PHP Array will not be the way to go. There should be something such as a TypoScript Configuration API or the Yaml way which is also suitable for the so called "Integrators".

I have also recently heard strong objections against the integration of yet another system extension.

The symfony routing component is widely used and provides a nice API, that may also be used by extension authors.

The way "first RealURL, later something different" seems to double the time and work spent.

So, I think the best way to go is to do it right now :)

Have fun

Ingo