[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-dev] Announcing TYPO3 CMS 6.2.10 Release Candidate

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Feb 6 09:16:40 CET 2015

Dear TYPO3 world,

we just released a release candidate for the upcoming bugfix release
TYPO3 CMS 6.2.10.

Since the release of 6.2.9 in December there have been over 180 bugfixes
in a lot of areas, especially the File Abstraction Layer.

We also made huge improvements to the overall performance. TYPO3 CMS
6.2.10-rc introduces a new feature from CMS7, we considered it so
important that we decided to backport it to 6.2. A new class loader from
the Composer project (composer autoloader) was added to the TYPO3
bootstrap process and solves common problems with 6.2:

 * Cache warmup takes a lot of time (first hit after clearing system caches)
 * Locked-up installation because of clearing caches and hitting the
frontend at the same time
 * Less I/O requests to typo3temp/Cache/Data

Some real-life installations showed performance improvements of up to
20% already.

The new composer-based class loader in 6.2 takes care of loading all
required TYPO3 core classes including its aliases. For all other loading
of classes the TYPO3-based class loader is used as fallback.
The Composer-based class loader inside TYPO3 supports all the
functionality included in the regular composer environment, plus the
TYPO3-specific class alias functionality.

If you have installed TYPO3 6.2 via composer, you can also set an
environment variable "TYPO3_COMPOSER_AUTOLOAD" which loads the
autoloader file from the Packages directory. Running "composer update"
with a proper configured composer.json in the project root will take
advantage of the new class loader even more.

Details about the class loader integration can be found here:
http://wiki.typo3.org/ComposerClassLoader (please note that we will
update this page during the day with more details).

We released a Release Candidate so the new functionality can be tested
in a broader target audience. We already covered a lot of edge cases but
we want to make sure that the feature does not break any existing
installation. We encourage everybody to try out the new functionality.

Please give feedback here on the forums, and report any problem found on
forge.typo3.org. We appreciate your testings!

The final 6.2.10 version will be released in a few weeks.

You can download the new release candidate from sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/typo3/files/TYPO3%20Source%20and%20Dummy/TYPO3%206.2.10rc1/

All the best,
Benni.

MD5 checksums:

a55d0a3304c6bc17cad2f0410760ca0a  typo3_src-6.2.10rc1.tar.gz
50479d483c3529040df0e736417d6608  typo3_src-6.2.10rc1.zip

PS: Using TYPO3 CMS 7, you will notice that the composer class loader
has even greater performance impact.