[TYPO3-core] Regression in TYPO3 6.2 after introduction of composer class loader

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Sun Feb 1 12:41:45 CET 2015

On 02/01/2015 11:37 AM, Steffen Müller wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Am 01.02.2015 um 11:02 schrieb Helmut Hummel:
>> But it is possible to define an autoload section (and alias map section)
>> in an extension or the top level composer.json to generate a complete
>> static class and alias map when installing via composer, rendering the
>> old class loader obsolete. To stay as compatible as possible, this
>> feature is however hidden behind an environment variable which needs to
>> be set in 6.2
>
> The mentioned environment variable is called TYPO3_COMPOSER_AUTOLOAD
>
> It has to be set in the webserver configuration, for example in apache
> vhost using:
>
> SetEnv TYPO3_COMPOSER_AUTOLOAD 1

Is that just for extensions installed via composer? Or for any extension
installed the normal way which has a composer.json? I mean, is it
possible to "optimize" loading by adding a composer.json for an
extension and setting that environment-variable?
For optional sysexts afaik we already ship a composer.json - so would
they benefit already from just setting that env-variable?

Kind regards,
 Stefan