[TYPO3-core] Streamline FAL-metadata editing

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Wed Apr 1 14:26:18 CEST 2015

Hi,

Mathias and I just discussed some details of editing FAL-metadata, more
specifically the user-experience when doing so in the backend.

We agreed that currently "editing metadata" instead of "editing a file"
is not really the best experience for a BE-user - and leads to
additional usability-problems. For example you have the action to
"delete" when editing metadata. But that only deletes your
metadata-record (and a new one will be auto-created) but does not delete
the file as people might expect.

The idea came up to maybe instead go back to editing "a file" and have
metadata edited inline (IRRE, sort of). What do you think about such an
approach?

Task on forge for it, as a basis:
https://forge.typo3.org/issues/66216

Kind regards,