[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Tue Sep 2 15:41:18 CEST 2014

Hello Xavier,

On 25/08/2014 14:55, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Hi Franz,
>
>> Here is my answer:
>>
>> There is one big problem which you not seem to have considered yet.
>> The existing TYPO3 extensions do not execute under TYPO3 Neos. And it
>> costs too much money and time to modify them to run under TYPO3 Flow or
>> to rewrite all those extensions from scratch. And also the former
>
> IMHO this does not apply since many extensions written for TYPO3 CMS
> don't make sense with TYPO3 Neos.
>
> For your own customers, you would not need to support multiple versions,
> CMS and Neos I'd say, so I don't really get your point.

this has been my answer to the question of Michael Stucki:

"What is it that keeps you from contributing to TYPO3 Neos instead?"
under the link
http://stucki.tumblr.com/post/49482555659/my-thoughts-about-the-future-of-typo3-cms

Maybe you can explain, why TYPO3 Neos does not need any extension.

- Franz