[TYPO3-core] Database Master/Slave Replication

Philipp Wrann philippwrann at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 13:07:27 CEST 2014

Is a master-slave replication planed for TYPO3.CMS? I think it should be possible, all queries are generated in the same backend (as far as i know). If there would be the possibility of a multi-demensional SQL config and the FAL driver / backend would support it you could speed up the frontend for high-load pages quiet a lot.

I know it may be possible to hack this through a load balancer and a separat backend and pure SQL replication but if you need to create data from one FE instance you would face problems, also i think it would be nice if typo3 would be capable of that by itself. The selection of a slave could be handled session-based, if the user is logged in in the backend the master would be used...