[TYPO3-core] What to do with extensions on sprint releases?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Oct 17 11:58:44 CEST 2014

Hi Markus,

Markus Klein wrote:

> As long as TER can't help us, I propose to skip the version requirement
> check in the EM by default. Change the flag in the code with the release
> scripts.

The TER can help ;) It is more a matter of what we want, instead of what is
possible.
We could loosen the version constrain from TER, allowing to upload
extensions with a dependency for the current master branch (7.99).
The problem is, that no extension can actually fulfill this promise, because
no extension author can know in advance what will happen to the master
branch and if the extension will need adoption.

We would also need to make the EM use the latest available version for each
branch, if we want to allow different versions for each branch.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!