[TYPO3-core] FAL: why does ResourceStorage->getRootLevelFolder() return filemouts instead of real root folder?

Frans Saris franssaris at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 19:54:35 CEST 2014

Hi Franz,

emitPostFileRenameSignalsignal isn't broken.  Indeed a $originalFile param
makes sense (maybe you could provide a patch for that) but it is also
useable without. For ext:fal_secure_download I register all moved files in
a local array in the pre signal so I can do my magic in the post signal.

For your root folder issue.  For local storages the root folder is always
/. I guess your looking for the path stored in the configuration of a
storage.

The name of getRootLevelFolder() is indeed a little bit misleading.  But as
all ResourceStorage methods respect the user privileges and settings it
makes sense that getRootLevelFolder() returns a folder the current user has
access to.

Gr. Frans

LOL, WTF? For renamed files you don't even get the old filename but just
the UID of the resource as $cmdArr['data'], which ofc already is renamed
if you grab it from the Storage. So there is no way ever to get the old
name? You're kidding me. This hook is utterly broken.

the emitPostFileRenameSignalsignal is also broken because it also doesn't
know about the old identifier/filename and the identifier of the fileobject
itself already got updated to the new identifier by the
ResourceStorage->renameFile function.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch