[TYPO3-core] RFC: Integrate Doctrine2 into TYPO3 CMS

Daniel Moritz d.moritz at gmx.org
Fri May 30 23:00:04 CEST 2014

Quote: Dmitry Dulepov wrote on Fri, 30 May 2014 21:29

> Daniel Moritz wrote:
> > is there any active effort to advance the integration of Doctrine 2 into
> > core?
>
> Is there analysis about how this will affect the speed of the TYPO3 core?

I don't know, but I integrated the php quick profiler to a Typo3 CMS installation and came up to 2500 Queries for one page-request. This isn't efficient, even if each query takes less than a half of a millisecond! At a rough estimate I think with Doctrine 2 ORM the query count can be lowered to 25 Queries in average for a page-request. I made some experience by implementing Doctrine 2 ORM in a non Typo3-Project were it takes also up to 2500 Queries per Request. Now the query count is between 10 and 50, because of Doctrine's clever data mapping mechanism.
But the real advantage over the current plain query system in Typo3 CMS, will be the better flexibility with the use of Doctrine 2 ORM.

regards,
Daniel