[TYPO3-core] Could not acquire lock for ClassLoader cache creation

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed May 7 12:24:09 CEST 2014

Hi Brian,

Brian Lynch wrote:

> Philipp Thank you for your Reply.
>
> I have a couple of questions, how do I change my lock method? What others
> can I try?

In the typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php file, you can set:
[SYS][lockingMode]

> String: Define which locking mode is used to control requests to pages
> being generated. Can be one of either "disable" (no locking), "simple"
> (checks for file existance), "flock" (using PHPs flock() function),
> "semaphore" (using PHPs sem_acquire() function). Default is "simple".

You can try flock or semaphore which might get you a better result.
Anyway, if the file system is slow, then you might still run into problems,
because the operation guarded by the lock is to slow.

> How would I comment out the exception? I understand the risks, but this is
> a hosted server in a large web farm, and the other site running on the
> same disk and same source code, is running fine, but this would be a last
> resort.

I would not change the source then. Please check the setting mentioned above
in both installations.

Keep in mind that the LocalConfiguration.php is cached in typo3temp/Cache/.
Make sure to remove the contents of this folder once you messed with the
LocalConfiguration.php and make sure to have a backup of this file.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!