[TYPO3-core] Workflow for changing documentation

Jost Baron jost.baron at gmx.de
Mon May 5 20:46:28 CEST 2014

Hi Philipp,

On 05/05/2014 02:26 PM, Philipp Gampe wrote:
> According to [1], we simple remove the master branch (e.g. rename it to
> main).
> Then bots will be excluded and this will not shop up on search engines.
> People can still link to it, but I guess this is not much of an issue.
>
>   [1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15844905/how-to-stop-google-indexing-my-github-repository

That does not solve the problem since GitHub just excludes all
non-master branches in their robots.txt. But Google does not respect the
robots.txt for URLs that are linked somewhere ([1], fourth paragraph).
So outdated documentation might still appear in the search results.

Regards,
Jost

[1]: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/156449?hl=en