[TYPO3-core] Announcing TYPO3 CMS 6.2 LTS release candidate 2

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Tue Mar 25 03:20:39 CET 2014

Hi TYPO3 early birds,

we just released TYPO3 6.2 RC2. This is the second and last release
candidate of the 6.2.0 final, which will be released later on TONIGHT
(ETA 18h30 CET).

There are no further details about this release for once, just read the
commit log if you want to really know. :)

But what we would love is some *real* intensive testing to identify more
issues with it. Especially in the Extbase area we have many nice changes
(the last just commited), which deserves testing in more "complete" real
world scenarios (bigger installations, huge data, complex Extbase
plugins etc).

You might also want to try out the new first official Distribution in
the TYPO3 CMS world, the preview of the "Introduction Distribution".
Simply try an empty installation, go through 1-2-3 and install the
Distribution through the Extension Manager. Note that this will take
some time, so keep calm and wait until the spinner stops. We might
improve this "waiting time" in further steps.

The 6.2.0rc2 package can be downloaded here:

   http://typo3.org/download/

The MD5 Sums:

d3283c8a5d52a6b40c7698a67b54ac75  typo3_src-6.2.0rc2.tar.gz
cca7a7ae0e2ca41167947dece74cc545  typo3_src-6.2.0rc2.zip

Cheers,
Ernesto

--
Ernesto Baschny