[TYPO3-core] Access-rights in BE-users

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Thu Mar 20 19:59:54 CET 2014

Hi,

I recently got asked if there is a specific reason why BE-users alone
can't have access-rights (allowing them certain modules or so) assigned
to them but only through a BE-group. You can already assign them
separate mountpoints.

Since rights are merged internally anyway (from all groups the person
might be member of etc.), I expect that's "just" a question of showing
those fields in the BE-record (TCEFORMS).
In contrast to FE-users the users in BE can live pretty well without a
BE-group. So would it make context to show those fields in BE-users as well?

Regards,
 Stefan