[TYPO3-core] Source for TypoScript if no real "pid" is selected

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Thu Mar 20 14:01:08 CET 2014

Hi,

I've discussed this with some folks in the last days and also looked
into how others handle this case. To me it appears like there currently
is no "clean" solution. Either I just didn't find it yet or maybe we
need to find some general solution for that.

The question is how to set certain values for a plugin/module via
TypoScript if we are not inside a FE-context, so there is no pid where
you can place a template on. This is for example the case when you run
tasks through CLI (and maybe also BE-context I expect). In BE you could
set values via UserTS - but that also does not work when you use a
scheduler-entry (CommandController).

Other have added TypoScript-settings then via a small extension and
applied settings in ext_localconf. But I wonder if we can maybe find an
easier to manage (and adjust etc.) solution similar to the regular
"templates".

What about to allow creating templates on the root (pid=0) for those
cases where no particular pid is/can be selected?

Kind regards,
 Stefan