[TYPO3-core] Wrapper methods around globals?

Alexander Stehlik alexander.stehlik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 16:56:49 CET 2014

This is indeed a very good point! The usage of a local variable reduces
the performance impact of the getter methods. Didn't think about this
before.

Another advantage of using these getter methods is that you could use
them in unit test for providing mocked objects and you do not have to
initialize the global variables.

Cheers,
Alex

--