[TYPO3-core] FAL: Problems with huge number of files in folder

Frans Saris franssaris at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 14:54:04 CET 2014

Hi Christian,

did you already investigate the impact of such a change?

The first things that come to mind are the File list and element browser
that should be changed then.

Further the Folder object and the Driver(Interface).

just had a look at the Folder Object. There is already a getFileCount() and
a getFiles($start = 0, $numberOfItems = 0, $filterMode =
self::FILTER_MODE_USE_OWN_AND_STORAGE_FILTERS, $recursive = FALSE)

So there are already some parts there.

Could you create a patch to add the missing bits?

gr. Frans