[TYPO3-core] Caches and Locking

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Fri Mar 7 02:31:22 CET 2014

Dear TYPO3 community,

we’re aware of the current situation that (especially with version 6.2, but not limited to it) problems with concurrent requests do occur, causing various issues, worst being a complete crash of the Core.
For getting these problems solved, some well-thought code changes have to be made to the Core in a very restricted time frame until the release of 6.2.

Therefore I took the time to write down a possible concept to solve these issues in Blueprints.
I do not pretend this concept is complete yet and I haven’t overlooked some major point, but still it should already cover most of the pressing issues.

The blueprints can be found in the Wiki as usual:
http://wiki.typo3.org/Blueprints/SemaphoreLocking
http://wiki.typo3.org/wiki/index.php?title=Blueprints/LockingForCaches&action=edit&redlink=1

I kindly ask everybody to read through these topics and give feedback here in the mailing list / forum.
Thanks you.

Kind regards
Markus