[TYPO3-core] After the LTS is before the LTS

Thomas Maroschik tmaroschik at dfau.de
Thu Jun 26 10:13:21 CEST 2014

Hi,

I like the outcome of our discussions in Nuremberg. I personally
wouldn't go for any magic numbers. In the end LTS can be recognized by
patchlevel numbers (X.X.Y <-- the Y one). What benefit has this magic
number? I think close to none as one has to consider the news or
changelog before switching to any version except patchlevel releases.
It's really just a technical version and I would like to avoid gaps in
the numbering scheme. This could lead to unexpected behavior in
processes that rely on that and we don't see yet.

All in all a great initiative that shows that the CMS team is very aware
of it's product and of it's pitfalls. Let's go on with that.

Greeetz!

Tom
--
Thomas Maroschik