[TYPO3-core] Branching off TYPO3_6-2 in Git

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Wed Jun 11 14:08:56 CEST 2014

Hi Markus,

Am 11.06.14 10:35, schrieb Markus Klein:
> Hi Olly!
>
> Good news, but one question remains for me:
> What version number do we write into the commit message for merges in the master branch then?
> (AFAIK there's no agreement on the next version yet or did I miss something?)

Thanks for the question. During the ACME in April in Nuremberg we came
up with the "Rolling Release" [1] idea and the version numbers. However,
the concept is still in the draft phase and needs more time and thinking
- most probably during the T3DD14 next week. In a short online meeting
[2] yesterday we agreed to continue with *6.3* for the time being. Once
the release concept is finished and starts to be implemented, this might
change again...

However, it's more a technical question for trackers and tools to map
commits and merges to existing Git branches.

Thus, for the time being an example commit message looks like that:
| Resolves: #12345
| Releases: 6.3, 6.2
| Change-Id: ...

Feedback to the mentioned blueprint below is appreciated of course!

All the best
Olly

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/Blueprints/Release
[2]