[TYPO3-core] Branching off TYPO3_6-2 in Git

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Wed Jun 11 10:20:02 CEST 2014

Hi everybody,

it has been quite some time that TYPO3 CMS 6.2 LTS has been released end
of March 2014. Usually we branched off those versions to a particular
stable branch around the release date - however for 6.2 we decided to
postpone that and focus on fixing bugs instead of working on new features.

Currently there are still some issues in the FAL area concerning proper
localization overlays and in the workspaces/FAL/Extbase area as well
that are target for the next releases. A great bunch of changes and
fixes has been integrated during the last code sprints and releases -
thus the overall status is much better and more stable than some weeks ago.

Due to the upcoming Developer Days in Eindhoven/NL [1], we aim to open
the development for new ideas and new features again and finally. Thus,
TYPO3 CMS 6.2 LTS will be branched off next Tuesday (June 17th 2014) and
the "master branch" will be open for new features again.

Currently, there is an ongoing code-sprint in Zurich/CH [2] which
focusses on bug fixes as well. Depending on the outcome, we might
package new releases next week, prior to creating the Git branch.

All the best
Olly

[1] http://t3dd14.typo3.org
[2] http://wiki.typo3.org/CMS_CodeSprint_2014/4:_Zurich