[TYPO3-core] missing git link on git.typo3.org

Markus Klein klein.t3 at reelworx.at
Fri Jul 18 15:37:00 CEST 2014

Hi!

I'm surprised again to seeing yet another new tool I didn't know of.

Generally really a nice tool, but it has a (IMHO) major flaw.

scp -p -P 29418 user at review.typo3.org:hooks/commit-msg .git/hooks/

This delivers the WRONG commit hook.

CMS uses a separate one that performs basic checks on the commit message and also ensures the change-id is not placed on a separate paragraph.

http://wiki.typo3.org/Contribution_Walkthrough_with_CommandLine

curl -o .git/hooks/commit-msg "https://typo3.org/fileadmin/resources/git/commit-msg.txt" && chmod +x .git/hooks/commit-msg

Kind regards
Markus

Markus Klein
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributors Team Member