[TYPO3-core] Announcing TYPO3 CMS 4.5.35, 6.1.10 and 6.2.4

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Jul 9 14:52:05 CEST 2014

Hi Oliver,

Oliver Hader wrote:

> You pointed out invalid/missing file permissions after the update in
> your blog post. Can you please provide the settings (user/group and
> chmod) before and after the update? It sound like a group permission
> thingy that avoids reading the .htaccess file and thus ending up in the
> HTTP 403 error.

We fail to run fixPermissions on the symlink as well as on the downloaded
core. See \TYPO3\CMS\Install\Service\CoreUpdateService.

Of course this only fails on messed up server setups, but we should fix this
nevertheless, because we support such setups since long.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!