[TYPO3-core] Decisions and Changes to Coding Guidelines (CGL)

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jan 30 20:45:01 CET 2014

> so far I used $string[2], not with curly brackets. Do we want to use
> curly brackets to make clear that $string is not an array (and use the
> square-brackets for arrays)?

That was exactly the intention :-)
There have been some rumours though, that {} would be removed in future
versions of PHP, but it seems that this has been revoked already.

IMHO it's a good idea to do it like that, since it won't confuse newbies
who might not be familiar with array access to strings.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de