[TYPO3-core] Conditions for Extbase Backend Module TS-Configuration really needed?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Jan 30 18:30:50 CET 2014

Hi Peter,

Peter Niederlag wrote:

> Doesn't solve the problem of having to duplicate the 'config.tx_extbase'
> stuff into EXT:myext/Configuration/Modules/MyModule.txt. :(
>
> Extbase is used in BE and FE and it makes much sense to *share* config
> in Backend and Frontend Context. Currently this is solved by using
> TypoScript in Backend.

We need to load the Frontend TS for backward compatibility anyway, thus we
cannot simply drop it.

I suggest to use the same file for backend and frontend configuration and
use the well know include statements to include the file in either context.

But IMHO this is something to do on extension level.
Maybe the extension actually wants to have a very different config for
frontend and backend - who knows.

Well, I have exams currently (until mid/late Feb) and cannot work on a
unified API. I fear we are running short on time.

I would really appreciate if we could somehow come to a conclusion of what
features we want and how we want to solve it in general. I would really
prefer a central API for this instead of this mess we have now.

Cheers
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!