[TYPO3-core] subheader for all types, not just "header"?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Jan 27 10:13:35 CET 2014

Am 27.01.14 08:43, schrieb Benjamin Mack:
> Hey Stefan,
>
> On 26.01.14 00:28, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
>> But is there really a reason why "subheader" is not commonly shown?
> There is no reason (anymore).
>
>> Or if not, might we consider to just use the palette "headers" instead
>> of "header" for all content-types?
> Yeah, that would be consistent.
>
> However, I could imagine that the editors have problems with having
> header (incl. header date, header link, header type) and subheader (no
> options, why-so-ever) plus bodytext.
>
> How about this:
>
> * For CType "header" we remove "subheader" and integrate "bodytext" as
> type "input" not type "text".
> * we have a migration wizard to move all CType header "subheader" to
> "bodytext" (it's basically a one-liner SQL).
> * we adapt the CSS Styled Content output.
> * We remove subheader completely from the system

as the field exists for a long time (and I know configuration where it
is used and enabled for all CEs) I would leave it as is.

and for a clean up:
I suggested earlier a complete new start for CEs with just those fields
which are used in all CEs (uid, sys_language, cr_user, ...) and where by
definition of new CEs (with individual rendering) only those fields are
added which are used by these new CEs (instead of the flexform-field)
this came up as more and more people want their individual CEs and
multiple extensions popped up and each stored their data only in
flexforms and the remaining fields in tt_content stayed empty.
Thgis leads to the same behaviour that is critisized for TV: XML in a
DB-field instead of direct access to an individual field.
:
:

> My concern is this: One field less is less confusion. Seems like nobody
> missed it before, why adding it now "because we can"? tt_content is
> bloated anyway already :)

there still is the checkbox:
[ ] Show secondary options (palettes)

So we could provide editors with a simple and a complex configuration
view of CEs

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html