[TYPO3-core] Translating file reference

Stefan Terborg terborg at simplethings.de
Thu Jan 23 11:16:17 CET 2014

Hi Frans,

as far as I understand, tx_news uses an own model for files and does not use FAL.
Of course I could create my own model but I thought there was a possibility to fully translate file_reference records, not only the metadata.

Is it possible to enable the file field for editing so that I can change the file in the translated record?
What is the intended way for the translation or is this just not intended?

Greetings,
Stefan