[TYPO3-core] Raise MySQL requirements?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jan 9 17:47:06 CET 2014

Hi Aske,

thanks for your input. Most of the problems can be (AFAIK) circumvented
if you set a proper sql_mode [1] for your TYPO3 connection to MySQL 5.6.

It seems that a new default sql_mode is in the wild
"STRICT_TRANS_TABLES", which makes TYPO3 CMS behave as you describe [2].
So basically TYPO3 is not compatible with this mode (which has been
around with MySQL since ages, but was never activated by default).

So the solution is to hardcode "SET SESSION sql_mode='';" in your
setDBinit so that this is configured upon every connection.

This needs to be documented in the INSTALL.md document yet.

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/server-sql-mode.html
[2] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/18866 and many others