[TYPO3-core] Removing feature of compressing and merging external files

Mathias Schreiber mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Wed Jan 8 10:37:19 CET 2014

I think this is a philosophical question.

So there is no "right" or "wrong" here.

So here is my personal opinion:
If I take my job seriously, I take care of concatenation, minification and compression myself.
There are several reasons to that like having build numbers in your filenames etc.

To me of these three tasks are totally out of scope of a CMS.
I need to implement my frontend stuff the way I need to have it for that specific project.

So to me this is more annoying than helpful and I am not sad if this feature died off.