[TYPO3-core] FileUpload conflict handling

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Thu Feb 27 05:33:24 CET 2014

Hi!

Hi,
The current drag&drop upload feature in back-end works realy well. But there 2 issues that need some love.
1) The confirm box with the question "override existing files"
The problem is that it is not that user friendly.
I already created in issue for the UX team and Jens is working on proposal.
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/55781

2) Uploading existing files
When a file with an existing filename is uploaded and conflict mode isn't set to override, I think the system should check if the content of the old and new file are the same (compare there hashes).  When they are the same the system should handle the upload as succesfull (maybe with a different log message in system log then a normal succesfull upload).