[TYPO3-core] FYI: Travis builds changed slightly

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Tue Feb 11 13:32:01 CET 2014

Dear TYPO3 developers!

I slightly change the way our test are executed on travis.[1][2]
The main reason for that is to speed up overall build times.
Another reason for me was to clean up .travis.yml a bit and
to not unnecessarily spawn vms on Travis just to parallelize
unit tests and functional tests.

Now different environments are only set up for different PHP versions,
while the different tests are still executed in parallel (lint, unit
tests, functional tests).

This change reduces the complete build time for each merge from ~30
minutes to less than 15minutes

The results form the different tests suites are now below each other
(lint first, then unit tests, then functional tests) and not in
different builds (as elaborated above)

Kind regards,
Helmut

[1]https://review.typo3.org/27540