[TYPO3-core] Changing behavior of the TEXT cObject

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at typo3.org
Thu Feb 6 16:38:34 CET 2014

Hi Joey,

JoH asenau schrieb am 06.02.14 16:16:
> Sorry - thought about it again and unfortunately I have to admit, that
> you are right with one of your findings.
>
> The problem will be that the execution order of existing rootlevel
> methods will change, if these methods are currently not executed in the
> same order as they would have been within stdWrap.
>
> This won't hurt too much for COA.if, but would be a breaking change for
> COA.wrap
>
> So -1 for both deprecating the rootlevel methods or shifting stdWrap to
> the rootlevel of any cObject.
>
> Sorry for the confusion :-(

no need for apoligies :)

It took me some time, as well, to get to that point. I could clear up
all my other objections (mainly about the execution order, but stdWrap
is indeed the last property to be applied in all cObjects). The only
that's left is that .wrap in most and .if in some cObjects would not
work as before.

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kahler