[TYPO3-core] Extdeveval patch

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Dec 6 17:32:58 CET 2014

Hi all,

I have submitted a small patch for extdeveval to make it compatible with
TYPO3 CMS 7:

https://review.typo3.org/#/c/35088/

It is incomplete yet because it raises some question on how best to
solve the issue, which is that class "noDoc" is no longer available.
AFAICS there are two ways to fix this:

1) replace the "noDoc" class by "template". This requires
"compatibility6" to be installed, but lets extdeveval still be
compatible down to 4.5.

2) replace "noDoc" by "\TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Template\DocumentTemplate"
which is the "modern" class, but then we should raise requirements of
extdeveval to 6.2.

What do you prefer? I know 4.5 is soon to be deprecated, but OTOH
there's so little attention given to extdeveval that I would rather go
for changing it the least.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter