[TYPO3-core] Change CGL for string concatenation

Frank Nägler typo3 at naegler.net
Fri Dec 5 00:03:37 CET 2014

Hello everybody,
I would like to change the CGL for the rules of string concatenation.

The current version of our CGL:
> Multiline string concatenations are allowed. The line concatenation operator must be at the end of the line.

I would like to change this to:

> Multiline string concatenations are allowed. The line concatenation operator must be at the begin of the line.

In the core we have a mix of both implementations. The dot at the beginning is clearer and can immediately recognized as a concatenation.

I started a doodle to find a decision:
http://doodle.com/gvx29xhdxept4n5v <http://doodle.com/gvx29xhdxept4n5v>

greetings from hamburg
_Frank