[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Aug 26 21:14:20 CEST 2014

Hi Michael,

Michael Stucki wrote:

> My wish is that we can agree on the direction and accept one or the
> other inconsistency and detour that exists in TYPO3 CMS. Instead, the
> focus should be put on features which serve the operators, integrators,
> editors who are working with TYPO3 today and for the next few years..

To my knowledge, contributors are working on there free time on issues. They
do what pleases them. Therefore any vision can only be:
Would be cool to have X.

Whether or not someone picks that up, is up to the contributors.

Just because some contributors feel responsible to work on not so easy
features, does not make any predefined vision authoritative.
If a vision is enforced, many contributions are lost.

Disclaimer: I agree that it is good to have list of issues, attached with
some priorities. However making certain visions authoritative reduces the
importance and value of other contributions.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!