[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Fri Aug 22 11:18:02 CEST 2014

Hi Felix!

On 21.08.14 21:09, Felix Kopp wrote:

> I imaging your solution in the core with automatic bootstrap and automatic page type:

Actually my solution *is* fully automatic. No manual bootstrap, no
manual page type. That is the whole point of it.

> a solution where "AjaxControllers" can be called and bring their own typoscript with page type (tx_ajaxexample_ajaxPage) automatically.

My point also is that there should not be an dedicated "AjaxController",
but it must be possible to call any controller / action easily by Ajax
(which also works with my solution).

But maybe I'm still missing your point…

> Integrators should be able to call Controllers in JSON or XML output format without page template / USER bootstrap.
> We then only integrate a custom frontend+JavaScript and connect to custom Controller+Action+Template.

Also already possible. Just specify the format in the VH I provide and
the respective template is selected (although I would argue that for
Json a dedicated View object without template would make more sense).

> It is possible already yes, but not 1100% comfortable :)
> What do you think?

{namespace t=Helhum\TyposcriptRendering\ViewHelpers}
{t:uri.ajaxAction(action: 'greet', format:'json')}

[x] done

What else do you think is needed?

Kind regards,
Helmut