[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Sebastian Fischer typo3 at evoweb.de
Tue Aug 19 08:08:32 CEST 2014

> Improvements like this don't add much value to the product. What we need
> are new features, not rewrites of existing stuff. I would love to see

Hi Stucki,

i agree with the rest of your post. I totally disagree with the quote.
There are things that need a refactoring/rewrite so badly that if TYPO3
CMS were a baby you would sleep for years of crying.

Like for example:
- \TYPO3\CMS\Core\DataHandling\DataHandler
- \TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Form\FormEngine
- \TYPO3\CMS\Backend\RecordList\AbstractRecordList

These parts are such an outrageous pile of complicated stuff that none
even tries to untangle it. And i don't take me apart of that statement.

My vision for starters as a developer is a complete modularized and
extendable form engine. By this it would be possible to have a more
customizable backend beside only using userFuncs.

It would be really great to be able to register a new control type with
related pre- and post-databasehandler. Maybe that would enable having
relations and not only comma separated integer lists (yeah i know irre).

Greetings
Sebastian