[TYPO3-core] Decide on community vendor name for CMS

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Apr 28 12:12:15 CEST 2014

Hi,

> Problems with such namespaces will happen only if the extension is
> passed to somebody else.

Which is actually why Fabien's question is not so pointless. For many
extensions, I have no doubt and use/will use my company's name (i.e.
"Cobweb") as vendor name. However for an extension like "devlog", which
I always considered to be a "community" extension, I'm not so sure what
vendor name to use, since I can easily imagine passing it on to someone
else at some point in time.

Maybe in such a case it's okay to use the extension key also as vendor
name (hence it would be "Devlog\Devlog").

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch