[TYPO3-core] Decide on community vendor name for CMS

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Wed Apr 23 22:57:47 CEST 2014

Hey,

On 04/23/2014 03:46 PM, Thomas Maroschik wrote:
> Am 23.04.14 14:55, schrieb Fabien Udriot:
>> It would be good to agree with a community vendor name for third party
>> extensions. As pointed out in
>> the Wiki [1], a namespace must not begin with TYPO3\* (except for
>> sysext) but rather stick to
>> something related to a company name or anything else.
>
> I don't think it would be good. We introduced Namespaces and Vendor
> Names to prevent between similar package/extension names. For example
> there can be more than one shop extension. If the community again uses
> the same Namespace, nothing is won in this regard.

Yeah, Thomas and me discussed that in slack on Thursday last week, where
I took the part of arguing for a vendor name and Thomas already gave
arguments against it. I thought about that meanwhile and had another
chat with a friend and would like to sum up some points over the weekend.

Regards
Christian