[TYPO3-core] Extension Manager and distributions

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Apr 18 01:36:51 CEST 2014

Hi Christian,

Christian Kuhn wrote:

> I have no idea if we could reduce
> that without information loss that may bite us later.

Maybe we can use an extension-latest.gz which just holds all latest versions
of each extension?

This should be easy to generate in parallel to the normal extension.gz and
would only effect the importer without messing with the rest of the em.
We would need a last_unsecure_version column through, because we still need
to highlight if a local extension is insecure. But that and the required
logic change should be simple to archive.

If you agree to this approach, I can hack together the TER changes.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!