[TYPO3-core] Extension Manager and distributions

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Apr 17 17:44:25 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Another thought about the EM.

When I toyed with the new installation process and the loading of the
Introduction Package as a distribution, I was struck by how slow it was.
This is due to the EM having to fetch all extensions on the first call
to the "distributions" view.

I don't think that there's any easy solution right now, but I figure it
would be worth checking with the TER team if we could have more targeted
information from the TER. If we could - for example - query the TER only
for distributions, we could make this new installation kickstart process
much quicker. What do you think?

An alternative could be to package with the Core a reference to the
official Introduction Package, so that it could be chosen right away,
with a message offering to call up the TER to check for other distributions.

Opinions?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter